Thursday, September 11, 2014

Blessings

Tonight, I am angry. I am angry that my baby girl, who has always been a faithful Christian, is facing yet another trial. I want to go on with my frustration, but God has laid it on my heart to cling to the blessings; to tell something positive. I almost disobeyed, but I am working to follow what He puts on me to do. So, here goes.

It's 2004, two very scared young people are standing before me in our family room; my son and his fiance. They had driven down from Greenville to tell me in person. They are not sure how I will react. They finally came out with it. Stephanie is pregnant. My baby boy is going to be a Daddy!!! I guess I should have been upset, but I wasn't. This child, a baby, is a gift from God. I was elated to put it mildly! I was going to be a Nana! WOW!

March 20, 2005: Steph had to have a c-section so, Eric was the only one who could be in the delivery room. We all waited in anticipation. We had been at the hospital for a couple of days (another story) and the day was here! I happened to be sitting at just the right spot and was the first to see Eric wheel the bassinet into the area. I quickly jumped up. I selfishly got to her first. Jenna Jade took my breath away! OMW! I don't even have the words to express the love that flowed through me as I laid eyes on her and touched her for the first time.

In 2005, my daughter and son-in-law came over. I thought they wanted to drive down to Charleston for the day. I remember thinking that I didn't want to make the drive, but how do I tell them without hurting their feelings. I was in my room getting ready for the day and Bran just wanted me to come into the family room so they could talk to us. I was putting clear nail polish on my fingernails. According to them, I stopped in mid-air when Bran told me she was pregnant. I remember things as if in slow motion. I thought I had misunderstood her. They finally made it sink in. OMW!!! My baby was having a baby!!!!

February 4, 2006: The night before Brandi had called. They were on the way to the hospital. I sat waiting. They sent her home. My gut told me this was the night. A few hours later, they were on their way back to the hospital. This was it!!  Hours later, I was the first to see that beautiful head! Then, he was here! My handsome little man; my Boo was here!!! This was my first time watching the incredible miracle of a child being born. WOW!

I was blessed three more times with these incredible little people entering my life! Each special; each taking my breath away! Love overwhelming that there are no words to describe. My grandchildren! WOW!

This is how I think the Father feels when each of us are born; all consuming love.

Sometimes we need to focus on the blessings. I pray that God reminds us each and everyone of the incredible, all consuming love He has for us.


No comments:

Post a Comment